What do you do when you have lots of amateur, if well intended, video? You fire up iMovie and cobble together something like this:
Bárðarbunga has put on a show. Follows are some of my favorite still and video images of the Holuhraun Eruption.
- (Still Images) More stunning images (with color turned up to 11) from Mashable. Most are of the eruption…
- (Still Images) Unreal Images at Iceland’s Barbarbunga Volcano – Very early on when the eruption was described as “relatively benign”. Still the closest images I’ve seen and the best single get of images I’ve seen.
- (Video on Vimeo) Roundtrip to Hell The title may be over the top but Elisabetta Rosso along with the Iceland Review folks put together a great video. It’s about the volcano and just as importantly the trip to the volcano.
- (Video on Vimeo) The Epic Fires of Baugur – Holuhraun Eruption, Iceland. – This is a fairly recent ground and helicopter view of the eruption.
- (Video on YouTube) Drone Camera Close-up of the Holuhraun Eruption – A GoPro melted making this.
- (Still Images) Aerial View of the Extent of the Lava Flow – In Icelandic so just look at the pictures.
- (Still Images) Aerial View of the Holuhraun Eruption – Nice coverage fairly early on in the eruption.